For more advanced level of bikers, on the Florentine hills, there are unforgettable all-mountain, enduro and freeride trails that can be found in the Roveta parks, in Monte Morello, Settignano, Vincigliata, Fiesole or in Rincine, Monte Giovi, and finally on Mount Calvana.
The guide will lead the bikers in these beautiful locations for half a day or for the whole day.
Half-day mountain-bike or ebike tour at the “mulinaccio” with departure from Florence-Isolotto (northern district) by mountain bike / ebike to Villa I Lami in the Municipality of Scandicci, on a dirt road that leads to the Partingoli farm.
From here continue downhill along a dirt road between vineyards, until you reach Il Mulinaccio. Il Mulinaccio of Scandicci is one of the many suggestive and hidden places not reported in the tourist guides. This itinerary, extremely technically easy, leads us to this ancient abandoned building that had once been a hydraulic mill, whose construction dates back to the middle of the Seventeenth Century.
Architecture, now reduced to ruins, has a really interesting history. The Galli Family, owner of the nearby Villa dei Lami, built a dam along the Masseto in 1634 in order to create an artificial lake to create a plant nursery. A mill was placed next to the dam.
What is certain is that in 1774 every activity had officially ceased.
Today’s name is probably due to the state of neglect, as written in some documents of the Nineteenth Centurywhere it is remembered as the ruined mill, which later became the Mulinaccio.
Today the ruins of this impressive building still function as a bridge between the two shores of the valley.
Full-day tour by mountain-bike or ebike, continue from the previous one tour, on the hills and towards the centennial sequoia. Around San Vincenzo a Torri – the place where the Mulinaccio is located, there are other places for bikers, passing in front of the Romanesque church of Sant’Andrea dating back to the Seventh Century in Mosciano borgo. Between 1926 and 1927 the British writer David Herbert Lawrence stayed there while he was writing the masterpiece of literature “Lady Chatterley’s Lover”.
A few kilometers away, scattered among oak, centennial sequoia and pine woods, there are other charming villages, such as San Martino alla Palma, with its Church of San Martino, of the late 10th Century, San Vincenzo a Torri and San Michele a Torri.
Half-day tour in mountain-bike / ebike of the city of Florence, passing through Piazzale Michelangelo, from where you can enjoy an enchanting panoramic view over the city. Piazzale Michelangelo is the most famous panoramic point, a must for tourists visiting the city. Here are some copies of some famous works by Michelangelo that are preserved in Florence: the statue of David (the original is in the Galleria dell’Accademia) and the four allegories, statues created by Michelangelo that are kept at the Medici Chapels of San Lorenzo.
The visit continues in the historic center of Florence, passing in front of the main buildings of historical and artistic interest, such as the Church of Santa Croce, Piazza della Signoria with the Palazzo Vecchio and the Uffizi, the magnificent Duomo and the famous Giotto’s bell tower, not far from Church of San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapels with the famous works of Michelangelo.
Full day tour Mtb or ebike. The second part of the tour continues in the afternoon with a visit to the area known by the Florentines as “oltr’Arno”, where the bikers will see the neighborhoods and small streets typical of this area, passing in front of the magnificent Palazzo Pitti and the fantastic Giardino di Boboli, ancient city park. The grand-ducal Garden of Palazzo Pitti is also connected to the Forte di Belvedere, a military outpost for the safety of the sovereign and his family.
The Boboli Gardens is one of the most important examples of Italian garden in the world and is a real open-air museum, for the architectural-landscape setting and for the collection of sculptures, ranging from Roman antiquities to the 20th century . It is one of the most famous Italian Gardens. It was built between the 16th and 19th centuries, by the Medici, then by the Lorraine and the Savoy, and occupies an area of about 45,000 m². There are also the Silver Museum, the Costume Gallery, the Porcelain Museum and the Bardini Garden.